Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the name of the part that attaches to the top bows, and keeps the bows from moving around. They're like struts that go from one side of the car to the other, and attach through the top loops into the bows.

Every convertible has them. And this isn't a trivia question; my Cat is missing them, and I need to know what to ask for!

Anybody know what they're called?

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Mine are missing too, so I would like to know as well...

Bruce

·
Registered
58 Posts
Here is a pic from the Shop manual. Are these the parts you are looking for ??

9 - Bow Listing Retainer
10 - Bow Listing
11 - Folding Top Center Deck
12 - No2 or No3 Bow
13 - Screw #6 20 X 3/8"

Attachments

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly...I need #'s 9 and 12...already got a few of the #13's in a Mason Jar somewhere!

Thanks...

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
I found those in my trunk, didn't know what they were. So now I don't need them..
Thanks..

Bruce

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
ok,
does anyone know if there are only 2 or 3 of these things? i got 2 already out but can anyone tell me if there is a 3rd one in the rear above the back window?
thanks
pat

·
Registered
588 Posts
Just two, the third bow is filled with tacking material. The decorative strip on the top is stapled through the roof into this material.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Barry,
i found the 3rd bow. It is in the front piece that rests on top of the windshield trim.I have all 3 pieces and will get em wrapped up n sent out to ya ASAP or if you want i can meet up w. ya at cocoa beach in may or if you need em ASAP ill send em to ya
thanks
pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts