Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried searching for the answer for this but couldn't find an answer. My 1969 convertible quarter windows aren't working right and need fixed. One moves all over the place and won't align with the front window. Is this a glue problem like the front windows have or does something need to be replaced? Are the windows the same as a coupe? I think I can get some good 69 coupe windows if it would be a better fix.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Probably a glue in problem, all 1/4 windows are glued in. HT windows are not the same, but Mustang coupe 1/4 windows are as I recall.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Probably a glue in problem, all 1/4 windows are glued in. HT windows are not the same, but Mustang coupe 1/4 windows are as I recall.
Thanks for the quick reply. I don't have access to any Mustang windows but it's good to know that they are glue in and that's probably the problem. Is it just the window that is different HT vs Vert or is the rest of the assembly different too? If it is more than the glue can I use my window and glue it in the HT assembly?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Just the glass is different.

·
Registered
442 Posts
JEFF the 70 quarter windows do not glue in. they slide into a holder and can be adjusted just by moving them in the holder.

Sal Cougar Geek

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Sal,
thank you for that info, i been wondering why my glass was loose and someone decided to try n glue it.

thanks
pat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts