Mercury Cougar Owners banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
OMG! Tell me that didn't happen to yours! I'm gonna double check my extinguishers tonight.....they say your supposed to replace them evey 5 years due to the fact they get compacted inside from their own weigh of material and then clog up when you go to use them. Not that I need anything else to make me more paranoid of fire.... :>/

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
OMG! Tell me that didn't happen to yours! I'm gonna double check my extinguishers tonight.....they say your supposed to replace them evey 5 years due to the fact they get compacted inside from their own weigh of material and then clog up when you go to use them. Not that I need anything else to make me more paranoid of fire.... :>/
I highly recommend the Halotron type (gas), that's what is in the trunk of Isabel and in my garage. No mess because of no dry chemical and longer life (I read up to 11 years) for the same reason.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure what started it. It was in my dads garage when it happened. I am in the long slow process of breathing life back in to her, only 7 of these were made according to my research. check out my photo album for more pics. I haven't been on here for a long time (forgot my password) I'll post more pics of my progress in the near future.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Ut oh!! What happened? Electrical fire no doubt? Is it salvageable?

Not sure what started it. It was in my dads garage when it happened. I am in the long slow process of breathing life back in to her, only 7 of these were made according to my research. check out my photo album for more pics. I haven't been on here for a long time (forgot my password) I'll post more pics of my progress in the near future.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts

If this is it, Ouch!

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
That 69 vert that went up in flames is not being parted out by a guy on facebook. Javid Taj I think is his name.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
32 Posts
Sadly it is:( Time marches on and progress is being made. It doesn't look anything like that anymore, its going back together. We uncovered the typical salt belt issues when we lifted her skirt and are replacing inner rockers, torque boxes, floor and more. Progress is slow, but progress nonetheless.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah - I have seen him post up some parts lately...... to bad :>(

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
A question: If this was "in the garage" when it happened, why is the car out in a street?

The ground is wet around the car, so why is it on fire?

I'm kinda wondering if this is a "story" to go with the thread header "StoryBoard"?

Looks kinda fishy... maybe more like "make up a title to go with a pic"...

If I'm wrong, sorry. But really more sorry a topless cat lost one of it's 9 lives......

21 - 32 of 32 Posts