Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to me that a headliner kit for classic stangs and cougar convertibles would be a popular item, but they apparently do not exist. Has anyone here made his/her own? If so, I would love to see some pics to get ideas for mine. I would think a simple insulated cover that could be fastened via velcro and removed when putting the top down should be easy enough to create.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Jody,

Autokrafters was at one time selling someone's classic cougar/mustang headliner kit, I kicked myself for not buying one while they were available. I chased down the manufacturer (forget it now, but called AK and they told me, some place in Ca.) and they had no knowledge of such a kit, even though it was in fact listed in the AK catalog at one time (bummer). This is a modern upgrade I would have LOVED to add to Isabel. My '94 Mustang GT 'vert has one and it really makes the car much quieter than you would expect a 'vert to be.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I drove to Milwaukee for court two days ago with the top up and it sounded like I was being chased by a freight train. My last convertible had a headliner (made by the guy who made the top) and was much quieter. As it is now, there really is no point to even hooking the radio speakers back up. I guess I will have to put on my super cheapskate cape and see what I can do.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts