Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a top boot off a mustang fit a cougar? If so, any opinions on where to purchase one as far as quality(and fit) vs price?
Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
183 Posts
I'm not real sure if the Mustang Boot will work. But I order all my convertible parts for my cat from Mustang's unlimited (Cougar Division). Good Luck

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Cougar boot

Is your Cat a XR-7? If so, the boot's are different than the Standard & Mustang. The XR-7 boot has a longer "finger" at the quarter window due to the XR-7 chrome coming up to the door. The Mustang & Standard Cougar chrome stops at the rear of the Qtr window. The Mustang & Standard Cougar chrome "Convertable Hockey Stick" chromes are the same. The center 2 stainless pieces are interchageable between the Standard, XR-7 & Mustang. This is for 1969 & 70 only, as I don't know about the other years. I still have my original XR-7 boot, but replaced it w/ a Mustang one that works pretty good. Cougar Bill

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes my cat is a 69 XR7. I have to admit that I'm unclear to Cougar Bills response(must have been the christmas party). Am I correct that the XR7 boot is different but the mustang boot will still work?
Fastcat: what year is your cougar?
Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
906 Posts
The chrome pieces on the corners of the convertible trim is different on an XR7 than a standard or Mustang. I converted the trim on my std. to XR7 on had to buy a new boot. I recently purchased two, a white one and a black one from John's Cougars(616)396-0390 and the quality was excellent. Price was $87.50 each.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for the input! Baddad

1 - 6 of 6 Posts