Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a new Control Valve installed on my '69 XR7.
Now I have a bad pull to the right. I know the valve shouldn't affect alignment?
Any thoughts are appreciated.

·
11,000 Posts
The shop manual gives very specific instructions on measuring the tie rod stud to the center of the CV grease fitting. There is no margin for error. After installation you install the roll pin and clamp to lock it in the correct place. You need to use and follow the shop manual instructions or it will be both dangerous and out of alignment.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop manual gives very specific instructions on measuring the tie rod stud to the center of the CV grease fitting. There is no margin for error. After installation you install the roll pin and clamp to lock it in the correct place. You need to use and follow the shop manual instructions or it will be both dangerous and out of alignment.
Thank you Royce.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just wanted to say thanks Royce. Everything was corrected by the shop and it rides excellent now. :)

·
11,000 Posts
That's great news. Every once in a while I guess right which can be hard on the internet without seeing the car in person.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts