Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a while back on here there was a thread that talked about why the steering wheel would turn more to one side than to the other. im too lazy to look it up, but i have a similar problem. BUT sometimes i do get full motion when turning the wheel to the left. sometimes it wont turn all the way though. it really only affects when i try to turn the wheel to the left full lock ( U Turn situations and parking ). the wheel will just not go as far as i know it can. sometimes it will and i can actually excecute a U Turn. i posted the pic i have on another thread ( Parts wanted ) and thats how far the wheels would turn at that time. i looked under the car and it looked like the control valve was hitting the Pitman arm. is that common? i mean, i couldnt tell if it was hitting anywhere else, but it didnt look like it. the car has always been like this, but in case its of any relevance after the front end rebuild, i had teh car lowered an inch ( thanks to the sagging old springs, it sits at the same height. ) any thoughts? suggestions? ridicule?

·
Registered
3,201 Posts

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool, ill take a look and see what i find. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts