Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
contour/paseo/ranger interior

As soon as they get approved, I have posted some pics of my interior in progress. I have door panels from a paseo, seats from a contour, and I'm in the middle of working on a dash from a ranger. Opinions?

Chuck

My apology's to anyone that previously read prelude in the above. It should have read paseo as it does now.
here is a sneak preview:

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
chuck
all i cabn say is UNBELIEVEABLE.. Man you havent stopped customizing that thing yet.Whats next after the interiors all done?
thanks
pat

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'll be honest with you. When I first read this I thought...oh man...I don't think that will look good.

I'll happily admit now, that I was WRONG. I really dig it...especially the door panels. Great job, should look great when done.

-Random

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:eek: Thanks for all of the compliments guys!:eek: I must admit, it looks much better in pictures than in real life. That's not to say it doesn't look good to my eyes, just pics look a little better. There were alot of questions in the gallery under individual pics, but for some reason, even though I click to be notified, I don't get notified when someone replies to pics, sooooo... I'm going to reply to all those questions here.

once this is done it definately needs a nice set of custom aftermarket rims and tires pat I have a set of Cragar SS with the spokes blacked out and chrome beauty rings and spinners that I want to put on her.

are you gonna have to alter a speedo cable and do a little wiring for the guages? pat Yes, yes, and yes!! LOL!! I've been talking to Bruce in NC (Bruce & Donna), and he is attempting to help me. IF I use the ranger instruments (which I want to), I'll need an electric speedo cable/wire from a newer model vehicle, the tach should be useable right into the MSD, Newer model gas tank for sending unit, etc., etc. I'm also toying with the idea of using my instruments re-arrainged to fit within the ranger panel. In the process of just doing research right now, and will probably pay $$ to have someone do it right.

Will continue questions in another post as I don't want this one to get too long...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

how hard was it to relocate the interior door handle? leon

Really wasn't too hard at all Leon. I just had to get the door panel in place like I wanted it, then mark for the holes and drill it out. The hardest hole was the center hole for the actual handle mechanisim, but that was just because it is rectangular. I also had to replace the original rod going to the lock mechanism, but a stout coat hanger is doing the trick for now.

looks like it was meant to be there pat I had to cut the center grille work in the ranger dash (for the defrost vent) a little to get the right curve for my windshield. Picturing a man in the moon figure (LOL!!!), the cut at the deepest part (center) was about 1 1/2 inches. By the time I put my kick panels back on it will cover from side to side near perfect if not perfect. On the backside of the ranger dash, there are about 5-6 places where the ranger A/C & heat duct work mount to the dash. These holes line up perfect with the metal 'lip' under the windshield of ragcat. I drilled holes through the lip and put screws in from the backside(hex head to get a wrench on them). The sides screw into the metal behind the kick panel and there was even a brace on the ranger that lines up perfect with the cougar bracing nut by the heater core! I GOT LUCKY!!
continued...

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
... AGAIN, thanx for all the compliments!! All I did, was take my door panels to a local JY that lets you look around all you want. I searched for the better part of two days and alot of door panels I thought would work, but the paseo's were within a 1/4 inch or so of being perfect around the bottom. A little cutting and so on, and I was able to graft them onto my original door panels. Same process with the dash. I took my old dash with me and after the better part of 5-6 hours searching spread out over 3 days, I found a ranger dash allready out of the truck, held my dash to it upside down and knew I had to have it. If you look close in the pics, you will see that I had to cut the bottom end of the center (where the ashtry goes) of the ranger dash because it came right up against my shifter. If I can get the wiring, etc., figured out, I'll be on happy camper.

I call my cat ragcat, but I'm thinking of calling her the Johnny Cash car! LOL!!!
'69 Cougar with:
'70 grill and hood
viper yellow paint
contour seats
paseo door panels
ranger dash
????????

Chuck:D

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
John
youre getting rid of your dakota already? Ya just got the truck not to long ago.
thanks
pat

1 - 12 of 12 Posts