Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
Does anyone know where to buy stock connectors.

I´m looking for the female connector, in the under dash harness, that goes to the ignition
switch. It's for a 1972.

Thanks
Lars

·
Registered
913 Posts
Not sure what you mean!

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I'm not sure you will find new ones Lars - try mustangs unlimited - you may have to contact WCC or Johns for a used one in good shape.....you any good any at soldering?

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Lars,

The harness side or the switch side connector?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a new igniton switch, it't the connector in the harness to the fuse box I'm looking for.
I have mailed to WCC and looked at mustang unlimited, cj pony parts, mustang plus, rock auto, NPD............ without luck.
Will try John.

Thanks
Lars

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Whats wrong with yours Lars? Did it get overheated or cracked somehow..? Was looking for a video of how to extract the "pins/spades" from the connector body to make it easier. Sometimes you can take them appart if you get another one to use. It can be a bit tricky if they are brittle - which they tend to be 40+ years down the road. Sometimes it's easier to just join/solder the wires. To remove them (on the female end) you can use a small screwdriver and carefully push the locking tab down while pulling the wire out. Don't use much force, it should come out easy if you have the tab pushed correctly......of course you want to make yourself a digram before you start yanking them! ;>) good luck

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi.
Mine has been overheated from a short cutt in the power window safety relay.
Do you by the know, why this relay was installed.
I can by-pass the wire from the connector and it works fine, but I hate when the wire diagram is not correct.

Lars

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah - I think that safety relay was due to somebody's little one getting his head/arm caught in the window before they ever thought something like that would happen! Probably a good idea to retain that feature though. Hope you get it straightened out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts