Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to seal up the '68 and it appears I have a few options.
But, I dont want to run into the same problems my friend did a few years ago (before the days of internet) when he thought he was getting a complete kit to seal up his 64 Galaxie & it ended up being a tossed together variety pack of some universal garbage weatherstrip which half is still laying on a shelf in his garage.
I am wondering who has the most complete kit of the best value, my car will be making alot of touring miles & I would prefer to have something that seals it up properly & is durable, I am not so concerned with it being "concours correct." any recommendations?

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
West Coast Classic Cougars. Not sure if they have kits, but they will tell you if they fit well or not. Just read their description on their site.

·
Premium Member
6,521 Posts
Don't buy any kit... Kits are designed to give you the most quantity for the least money. Buy them individually and only buy the ones you need as old originals that are not hard or cracked are usually better than repos. There are 4 manufacturers of some items, the top quality versions are not in the kits.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Don, I have a 68 XR7 that needs all weather stripping, Everything as all the original rubber is hard and weather cracked, With your expieriance and not considering price can you tell me what manufacture's will be the best fit and quality? I am shooting for a concourse car when finished.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts