Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody seen the posting for a complete restoration to your Mustang or Cougar on e-bay?

The starting bid is $12,000 (no bids as of last night). The guy says to give him 12 months and he will completely restore your car for the highest bid.

Don't know about the rest of you but I don't have that kind of money and would be very hesitant to do it even if I did!

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Who?
Where?

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey Rick:

I had a quote of "around" $40,000.00 CDN to fully restore
my 67 coupe from Guild Classic Cars here in Ont. (the same people who restored the Batmobile). They do a supreme job
but at a SUPREME cost. I won't go down that road.

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
sounds like a neat idea suprised someone else didnt think of it.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tried to search for him but couldn't find anything. I would like to see some of his work. I think it's an interesting idea, just didn't know anything about the guy. That's why I said I would be hesitant to do something like that without seeing his work before hand.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
maybe he'll see this thread and reply. A look at his customers cars would be a big plus too :)

Rick

·
Contributing Member
2,897 Posts
a web site sure would help with customers and such.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Do you think he would do my eliminator that's missing it's original Boss 302 motor?

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Depends on what kind of Resto he is doing. If he's offering a Concors type resto for 12K (top to bottom) I'd say sign me up. You couldnt think of doing it for that yourself. Start pricing it out. Now on the other hand if he's just fixing it up nice, then thats plenty... I dont know??? To much grey area for me...
Scott

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hey guys , sorry i didnt meen to cause such a fuss, lol. I guess i should tell a little more about myself and our services.
The auction i posted is more a way to generate some new business than it is a strictly structured auction. By this i mean that the starting price of the auction is more for the standard small block base model restoration. The reserve price of the auction is more for you big block full option car guys that will require the very hard to find parts that will cost a good bit more. What im getting at is if you have a car that you would like a resto quote on call me or email me some pics and the original equipment on the car and i will get you a more accurate quote for your vehicle. I could care less if anyone actually uses the auction and its terms, it is merely an advertisement. That said if someone does use it i will honor it and its terms.
As for is here at HALLS RESTORATION we are currently moving from one shop to another as we were working from my home shop , but since i have changed residence we had to change working areas. We dont own or run a million dollar operation , we only have a shop with limited space. This has its advantages though. It allows us to work for far less becouse of the reduced overhead, and it helps the customer by limiting the number of cars we can accomidate at once, allowing us to give the cars we are working on the attention they deserve. We are not in a race to see how many cars we can crank out , we take ouer time and do it right.
We are currently looking for at least one cougar or mustang to represent our skills on the national show scene. The boss eliminator that was mentioned earlier would definately fit that bill. And to that owner i do infact have access to a DO part number BOSS 302(complete engine). I do not own said engine but i know where to get it .
The restoratins we do are complete concours jobs, top to bottom. All my metal work and welding is done by my partner who has done cars featured in super chevy, hot rod and the infamous super ford. I will try to take some recent pics of a cr we have here now, a 66 Acode, 4 speed, pony interior, full console, red on red mustang coupe. It is almost ready for paint now, and isreally coming along. And as for a website i am currently trying to get one up but i have very limited time lol , i bet im the only one with that problem. Any way if anyone out there has any question please feel free to ask, thanks jack hall

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Jack, you did a fine job. Everyone has shut up and is trying to find out where they can get 12,ooo cash. Especially 70elimn8tr, as he really needs the service you have and your DO Boss 302 motor.
Thanks for you hard work and good luck. Keep taking care of those Cougars.

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you need a website give me a shout. I'd love to trade my services for some parts and peices for my 68 XR7. You can see a sample of my work and skills at http://mco.3dspeed.com (I have other examples I can provide also)

maybe we can wheel and deal. :)

Good luck, hope you find a nice Cougar to add your stable of restoration jobs!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Interested

OK Hal, I am interested. I have a post under Cougars for sale which tells a little about my Cougar. Also a few pics in gallery. Take a look and let me know what you think. Does the 25% down and monthly payments still apply when not done through the auction? Michelle

BTW I am serious about this

·
Registered
197 Posts
Are you refering to your convertable advertised? And yes the 25% down and equal payments of balance apply . I didnt find the pics in the gallery though. Could you email them to me? im at [email protected]. Sounds like you have a nice car , andi look forward to hearing from you, thanks a million ,jack hall

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Evilmess, checked out that webpage you did, did you do the new one as well? First one was cool, dunno about the squirrel and its nuts tho:) :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts