Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any one have some production numbers for cougar xr7 hard tops that were painted competition blue,
j paint code the same color that the eliminators were painted.i have one if the number is low enough i might return it to that color.
thanks mick

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
according to cougars by the numbers, 199 XR7 hardtops total.trim 6F only had 1 built. 7F =15, 6B=25, 6A=77 and 81 with FA.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

thanks i was trying to get that book .
thanks for the info it was just what i needed now i can go home and see which one it is ..
if it turns out to be the 6f trim i will keep it the same color that it is now (compitition blue).
thanks...mick p

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Mick,
Are you sure you want a ginger interour with a comp blue car? though as 1 of a kind it is interesting.

·
Premium Member
4,105 Posts
Heres a color brake down

6A=BLACK XR7 LEATHER =77
6B=BLUE XR7 LEATHER =25
6F=SADDLE XR7 LEATHER=1
7A=BLACK XR7 CLOTH =15
FA=WHITE WITH BLACK TRIM XR7 LEATHER =81

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
not ginger

well, ginger eh? ohh, i could not take that one but it looks so far like 7a.
the car had the hounds tooth top and hounds tooth bucket seats.i had thought about some of the newer red colors that are out there like on the cadillacs. so far i am undecided about the color that i would paint it.
i would be open for any input on keeping it original ,is it rare enough to stay compitition blue? i don't know.
if it is to stay original then the hounds tooth seats would have to stay, but the top is another thing,, i did not like it and dyed it black and it ,looks alot better.
thanks for all the replys it is nice to know there is a group out there that can help on the cougars.
thanks mickp

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
trim code is 7a

i got home last night and looked at the tag for the trim code, it was hard to read but it is trim 7A.

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
One of 15 is pretty low #s and if we go by 10% survival rate yours Mick may be the only known survivor. What color is the houndstooth? Blk and white? I am looking for gold and blk houndstooth material for a project cat here so if anyone ever hears of any for sale, I'm buying. I seriously doubt we will ever see any NOS houndstooth top material but well ya never know. Catzyalater

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
white&blak

the hounds tooth was black and white.
i always wondered how many there were i have never seen one that was a xr7 painted compitition blue.
i have had that car for 18 years. i have had my xr7 convert. for 29 years.thanks for the input.
sill not sure if i will paint it back i have a long way to go before i get to that point.
i don't know if it would effect the value of it or not.
thanks mickp

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
Mick It is my contention that the further away we get from 1969 and the more original the car is the more its value. Any one can make it wrong but takes some real perseverance to get it right. The blk and white houndstooth upolstery is available and I saw some on eBay this year. Catzyalater:)

·
Registered
266 Posts
Can anyone show me what horthstooth looks like?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts