Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to retrim the 70 Eliminator - which currently has standard seat trim. I was looking at upgrading to comfortweave as black trim tends to get a bit hot in summer without a/c

Does anyone have experience with the 70 deluxe comfortweave upholstery kits, in particular how they perform in a hot weather. (I noticed Don's kits don't have the holes punched. Does this have an impact on how much perspiration I'm going to produce ;-) )

Appreciate your experience

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
I don't have any specific experience but since the currently available upholstery kits use fake comfortweave, there would be no difference in its performance as compared to standard vinyl. Your best bet would be to get hold of some real comfortweave and have the seats custom made at your local upholstery shop. As an alternative, you could use houndstooth which is far more comfortable in either hot or cold weather than either the standard vinyl or decor comfortweave.

·
Registered
447 Posts
no, went to my upholstery guy with the idea in my head
and he and i went thru sample books untill i had seen what i wanted and
he put them together
useing the old seat covers as a pattern

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
no, went to my upholstery guy with the idea in my head
and he and i went thru sample books untill i had seen what i wanted and
he put them together
useing the old seat covers as a pattern

You might be right. By the time I pay for freight it might be easier to get some made right here and get cloth centres

·
Registered
447 Posts
the seat bottom amd lower parts of the seat back is a woven colth that i thought looked like
late 60's early 70's comfort weave stuff
the rest is vinyl and the red accent is alligator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts