Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking of going to the Columbus show next weekend. Being a show newbie, I have a few questions for the "veterns". How is motel availability, or probably more realistically how far out of town do I have to go to get a decent hotel on short notice? If I go , my wife & son will be joining me. I might be able to get Jordan to join me, but Carol surely will want to do something else. Anything interesting in Columbus? She's into museums, arboretums (sp) etc., the tourist stuff.
One thing we do have in common though, is good food!
Any suggestions?
Thanks for any and all input! Bob

·
11,000 Posts
Bob,

I usually stay at the Columbus Marriott North. All the major hotels are there, I suggest calling ahead and making a reservation.

Awesome event.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Bob,
Your family should really enjoy C.O.S.I. It is fantastic. It is kind of a hands on science museum that is designed for kids but I find it exceptional. They have a website at cosi.org
For everything else check out www.columbus.org
Hope this helps,
John B.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Thank you Royce for your recommendation. You too John, after visiting the site I(we) are going to check out COSI also. Maybe we'll run into you both at the swap. Once again, not being familier with a meet, do car clubs or groups of car fanatics ever get together? I'm sure they must informally, but are there any pre arranged group meetings? Bob

·
Registered
220 Posts
baddad,
We are going to meet at high noon in front of John's Classic Cougar stand and They said we should wear Hawaiin shirts so we can recognize each other.(still need to find one)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Right now, we have winter storm warnings up, and we are currently getting freezing rain with 4" of snow called for by morning. The joys of living in Michigan! At this point in time, I will probably be wearing flannel when I get down there. lol!
I would like to meet you posters firsthand, so maybe I'll just stop by and say "Hi". Thanks for the info, Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts