Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is just for fun. But lets se what’s comes up.
Lets say you have a very nice interior, the colur is
dark green.
What do you say about the outside colour?
And the medium lime and avocado is out.
So get started.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I painted my car white years ago when I switched from avocado and vinyl roof to painted roof and color change.
I was never crazy about the way white looked. I feel the lines of the 70 lend themselves to a dark color better.
I picked British Racing Green, most recently. I liked it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I agree, the British Racing Green looks very nice on these cars.

I painted my car white years ago when I switched from avocado and vinyl roof to painted roof and color change.
I was never crazy about the way white looked. I feel the lines of the 70 lend themselves to a dark color better.
I picked British Racing Green, most recently. I liked it.

·
Contributing Member
6,137 Posts
Some form of Dark Green Metallic. Do a search for "CatVert" and see what I'm talking about.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
If you are talking about the color of your 70, I love that color and your car looks fantastic. I have kept a picture of it in my files in the event, that if I were to find a 70 like yours, It would be probably become the same color, depending on the color of the interior.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I agree with cougar2, above. I'd change the interior color before I'd change the outside.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
1.Dark Green 2. White

·
Registered
367 Posts
I am a big fan of British Racing Green - always wanted a MGB in that color...
But, what about maybe a steel gray with a green pearl\clear coat?

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
05+ mustang legend lime

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts

I really thought this green 68 was a beauty!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Just keep in mind that the colors you see on pictures here might be very different in real life, i bet the color on the pic that Koo-ger posted is much darker in real life than it appears to be on the pic

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
I am a big fan of British Racing Green - always wanted a MGB in that color...
But, what about maybe a steel gray with a green pearl\clear coat?
One of the things I was warned about with the Sherwin/Williams paint I used (I think that was the brand) was that BRG couldn't be patched successfully. So, a major scuff means a repaint with some forms of that color.

I'd do the interior too. It's a fraction of the cost of paint. Might as well get what you want. Or sell/trade for the color combo you like.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Silver! (of course I couldn't tell you what it came off because we poured 5 different colors of silver into a gal and a half to make what I have) Lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts