Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been done before but I want to paint the 67 I just got... The hood has a hole in it so I am putting a GTE scoop thought to go all out and paint scheme as a GTE....

So maybe cardinal red top and gray bottom? What is the color code for the gray? Cardinal red is "T" I did not see any other ed for 67...other ideas? Will be doing a red of somesort for a few reasons....

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Any Color shop worth their salt will be able to get you Mustang Candy Apple Red or Cougar Cardinal Red no problem.

And I like the color combo.:)

The Argent Silver bottom area really makes it easier for detailing, too. Gray/Silver hides ****oos and imperfections very nicely.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Red what easy its the argent that I dont see on my paint chips...

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Yeah, I don't know what they called that one. It's been a while since I had painting done, I think they just looked up the factory color code thru Dupont..sorry I don't have any more, but my guy used Dupont and I know it was called Argent Silver.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Isn't it 1967 Sheffield Silver? Color code 4.

I think Phil Parcels told me that Sheffield silver was a Canada only color?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
913 Posts
The lower paint on a GT-E is Argent paint, Centari # 4865A 68 Ford Code=" L". Thunderbird color

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
WOW! Go with it as is! Cept I'm not keen on the wheel slots same color as car....black or gray seems to offse tires better IMO. Looks sharp. Is it BC/CC or single stage?

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2nd coat

Slots are going away replacing with Magnum 500s...

Should be back at home on Wed...Back together before Memorial Day is the plan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts