Mercury Cougar Owners banner

cold storage break

821 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Local Hero 
#1 ·
The sky was blue today, and roads were dry and free from snow and ice - so, for the first time in three months, I decided to crank up the '67 again. Since Halloween it has been left completely unattended in the underground parking lot of the condo where my brother lives, except for disconnecting the battery, topping off the gas tank with fuel stabilizer and a sane shot of two-stroke oil.

That's what I simply LUV about classic American cars in general, and properly built FoMoCo products in particular: one turn of the key, and it came to life.

Me and my woman took an extended drive across town, through the US Army housing area and finally the Rheingau (those of you in the Service, stationed in Hessia, will probably remember). While I still had to concentrate quite a bit on the somewhat sloppy steering (definitely something to fix this year), my lady had a blast riding shotty.

Green traffic lights and zero traffic are best. Not to really peel out or speed, but to drive in a rather sporty manner within road laws. Cougars actually can take corners, even my heap with manual steering and about NO real enhancements concerning the suspension.
Sure enough, narrow turns will provoke understeer since I am still quite reluctant to compensate with appropriate throttle. Even though I did not overpay a couple years ago, this car is still somewhat expensive by means; and surely it is even more valuable to me. Nothing to put at risk, it'd be hard to replace.

No photos tho - imagine a brown '67 with dull chrome, faded paint and tons of dust.

See less See more
#3 ·
I'm looking forward to driving mine when I get back in March!

#4 ·
Spring Break will put me back at home and with enough time to hopefully fix the breaks finally and get my cat back on the road where it belongs =]. I wish that time would come sooner!

#7 ·
I lifted the cover today for the first time since Thanksgiving weekend. I placed a few parts inside that I'll need come Springtime. This way I'll remember where the heck I put them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.