Mercury Cougar Owners banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Morz,

In 69, could be either on the glove box lock assy OR the trunk lock. I just don't recall at the moment. Door locks usually have the ignition key code.... See Don's pictures that he posted for what they look like!

Stevev

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Sure, I can see if your new keys are salvageable! Hope you're not in a hurry to drive the car, but I guess you can pop the ignition tumbler out...for a while...that's what screwdrivers are for!!!

Steve :)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
No worries!!!! I should be around! This will give you time to find the codes on the door locks etc.

No luck with comparing the two keys? Long vs short?????? Do both work in Ign? Left door? Right door? Right door locks are less used.....

Steve

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
HAH!!!!!! That's a good pic Larry! Wow....almost....whoa, can't say it...30 years ago! I had hair and it was mostly all one color!!! Yah, I think I did win that!

This was a "spark plug changing" contest on a rig that the NCCC built up from some donated parts and some old pallet wood! Fastest person to remove 4 plugs to the holder on top, and then reinstall them tight, without busting any plugs won!

I think the club is still using that setup!!!!

Cheers!
Steve :sun:
(fighting wireless prob... laptop doesn't like new wireless router..... guess what....everything else in the house works....EXCEPT MY OLD laptop.....! Go figure!)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts