·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Registered
600 Posts
man you ever buy something then find something thats better and cheaper?
I should have gone with these for my Cleveor....I have the all aluminum polished ones and what a pain in the a$$ to keep clean!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Cool deal. I am getting a set.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
if i giot the funds after fridays package shipping i may get a set myself for the new rebuild
thanks
pat

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Bob, can you check what the shipping would be to SA, I can't log in or register with e-bay, SA is not recognised as actually having a currency to deal with, did e-mail them to complain and they were very helpful..........not. Also do you think I should get a pair, I presume that is $59 a pair. Would be a real improvement over my red valve covers.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a good price and other than keeping the hood closed probably one of the best dress ups you can do. :1poke: :D
Sorry, Dayle - it's gonna be a loooong time before you live down that red engine!
I sent an email asking him to figure shipping for me. I will let you know.

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Thats it, I have had it, that engine is coming out and going true blue, you should have heard the comments at the petrol station the other night. We stopped to buy a cooldrink at 7.45pm and only left the petrol station at 10.30pm, a guy did a u-turn and came back to the petrol station, pulled up next to us and we stood there chatting for over 2 hours, he has a 73 Mustang 351C. Nice guy, lots of contacts, knows all about our 72, knew both previous owners, etc etc. While we were chatting to him about 6 other cars pulled up over the 2 hours, and I got about 4 comments about 'chevvy colours'. When I go to the show on Saturday I feel like putting up a sign saying we did not paint it red, the PO did, but he may be at the show and he is quite a nice guy, don't want to offend him, ignorance and lack of taste is not a crime.

Thanks for sending the e-mail Bob. :)

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
You think red is bad?

You think a red engine is bad? My buddy Terry had painted the engine in his 73 Mach 1 yellow at one time. I bugged him incessantly to change it back to Ford blue. It took a few years, but he finally did. Even the shock tower braces were done in yellow and black, but now just all black like they should be.

His car is truly a product of the 70s way of thinking about car modifications. He still even has gold shag carpeting in there. Maybe I'll have to buy him a set of the correct Ginger carpet. At least I got him to remove the hokey prism tape lettering on his front spoiler that said 'Cobra Jet'. *shudder*

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
20 left now:)

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
got 2 more days and ill buy a set.. :)
thanks
pat

·
Registered
965 Posts
I bought a set for my Stang. Great price and nice looking! Thanks for telling everyone. Just checked and only five left in auction with it ending today.

Jim

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now if he'd just sell some for 460 at that price! Glad to hear that you guys scored some. :D

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
TheRktmn
Thanks for posting this. Got them today, they look great

rich

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
:beer:

·
Registered
965 Posts
I got mine yesterday and they are very nice, a great value for the money. Thanks again for posting this item. I never would have known about it , otherwise.

Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts