Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to purchase a new set of plug wires for my Cleveland. It will have headers. Should I get wires with a 90 Degree boot, or a straight boot?

Thanks
Cody

·
Premium Member
4,112 Posts
I think you'll prefer the straight or only a slight bend. I think 90 degree will be a pain on most plugs the way they are on a cleavland. Neal.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm going to try one of those one piece D.U.I. HEI type distributors from Performance Distributors, any suggestion on brands of wires?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I have always used Taylors with good success, but I'm sure there are other good ones. I went to the racetrack sat night and my buddy was having problems with a set of 8mm msd's. They were a good 1 1/2 inches from the headers and the outside coverings were swelled up like a balloon, so I myself would stay away from them. Like Badcatt said I think you will want some 45 degree boots. mm

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will price out some Taylors tonight, see if their price is about the same as Perfomace Distributor's wires.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about their DUI distributors.

I ended up going with a MSD mechanical billet dist, but was very close to going the DUI route...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts