Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
11,956 Posts
OR better yet - Mothers makes a good plastic polish just for this purpose. Any good autobody shop has it. Use a good soft cloth or if you trust a steady hand and a small muslin wheel on your dremel tool you can get it looking new! (Practice on something first)

· Premium Member
4,453 Posts
I`ve also used toothpaste on it and it works good.But if yours is fogged up i say use what the guys here reccomended.

thanks
pat

· Registered
8,192 Posts
I washed mine with Simple Green and water, then used Meguiar's plastic polish, then their Plast-X scratch filler/remover.

If the clock lens is fogged, it is in the plastic and not on the surface, so either do the best you can with cleaners and polish or buy one of the repros.

· Premium Member
1,163 Posts
If the clock lens is fogged, it is in the plastic and not on the surface, so either do the best you can with cleaners and polish or buy one of the repros.
Yeloxr7 nailed it. I tried all the remedies and in the end bought the repros. Once it is fogged, you won't get them clear again.

· Registered
8,192 Posts
I guess I'm really lucky - The original lens in my clock is as clear as new.

· Registered
11,956 Posts
Ahh - to bad. probably to many years of UV exposure I guess. It was worth a try. Another reason to keep 'em out of direct sunlight as much as possible huh!

· Registered
8,192 Posts
Funny thing is, my car was parked outside for many years, facing east. So the clock had lots of sun exposure.

· Banned
10 Posts
now it is very fashionable to use good protection products for processing plastic, they are also suitable for leather and vinyl, but they should not be applied to glass as stains and stains can remain. Recently I was given an article to read about best interior dressing Best car interior dressing | Interior dressing for auto detailing where experts share tips on leather and plastic processing. Very informative material that is equally useful for both beginners and professionals.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts