Mercury Cougar Owners banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Registered
991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Whaat....you no likey?? People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones....or should i say people with rain gutter grilles.....haha just kiddin' man :) I know it won't win any popularity contests but it will do what i need it to do. after all, i have rock chips up near the door from the slicks picking up stuff at the track (i try to always pit on pavement but some big events you have no choice and it's grass/crushed stone areas)

i got no room back there for any more backspace, the frame rail and wheel well are sooo skinny on room. I acually started with 9" slicks (didn't hook), went to 10.5" slicks (didn't hook) and now i'm at 11.5" slicks (finally hooks, 1.48 60ft.) and carries front wheels for 1st gear.

you'll love this: i have 2 different style wheels out back, one 4.5" backspace, one 4" backspace to try and minimize the stick-out of tires (ford 9" in gm G-body with whacky un-equal sized stock wheel wells)

· Registered
640 Posts
No No No No

not at all.............I just think that tiny little balls of rubber on the paint is way cooler than "if this van is rockin dont come knockin" style fender flares....LOL........................he he.. I think that shot richoted off my rain gutter front end!.................Man too cool...........nice shot by the way.......no one desrves one more than me!....BUt now I have to drink a big stiff cup of STFU...cause youre 60 ft time is better than mine! GM offset draglites with a 26x10.5 MT et drag slick will fit....drop the pressure down to 12 in the lanes....adjust the bars for a stiff punch to the spring eye................and I would have thought you will be good to go..............HEY..ya know what? I have a set sitting around takin up space if you wanna try em.......just pay shipping I will send em out too ya!....If they hook...they are yours ...cheap....if not you ship em back and I wasted youre money!.....no wait......that did noot sound right......anyway I plan on up grading to "SEAMLESS' GUTTERS on the front end and see if I cant catch ya!........man this would be sooooo funnny if I wasn't sober!.....................mercinary...out

· Registered
640 Posts
see what low alcohol does!

Hey!...................thats not even a Cougar!.....................ooooooooo.....dats not nice.......uuuze foooled me

· Registered
11,956 Posts
For prevention just spray some cheap ol non-stick cooking spray when you get to the track. Then rag it off when you leave. Cheap N EZ - just like me!

· Banned
10 Posts
Hey, any drag racers out there, what is your method for cleaning the stuck-on burnt rubber particles off of your quarter panels and trim while not doing damage? Will wax and grease remover for bodyshop prep work ruin clearcoat? Currently I use a hose and my thumbnail, but this is obviously a longer process, and dirtier for my thumb.....I'm in the process of adding mud flaps to my car for reducing this problem with my drag car.

someone once told me that pam or cooking spray would minimize the rubber sticking- i tried it once but i think once the pam dried it made an even bigger mess.
Good question, I want to say that if you need a safe way, then this is undoubtedly steam cleaning, which is both effective and safe. You can use the instructions Car steam cleaning process | What is car steam clean? on the car steam cleaning process or if something is not clear, write me here I will try to explain in a more understandable language.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts