Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Working on dash pad from 69 vert. Cleaned for several days, using different cleaners and Sems soap, cigarette smoke smells worse after 40 years. Looking much better, now looking for something to soften and leave a nice luster not shiny look. Don't care for them petroleum waste products. Am trying saddle soap right now. Any ideas?

· Contributing Member
1,889 Posts
Working on dash pad from 69 vert. Cleaned for several days, using different cleaners and Sems soap, cigarette smoke smells worse after 40 years. Looking much better, now looking for something to soften and leave a nice luster not shiny look. Don't care for them petroleum waste products. Am trying saddle soap right now. Any ideas?

This works good.

(click for larger image)​
Doc Baileys Leather Clear Kit
For use on all colors of leather and vinyl. Doc Bailey's Leather Clear cleans with a gentle detergent, restores and preserves with lanolin oil, and uses a blend of natural waxes that waterproof and stainproof. Leaves a beautiful, non-sticky, non-slippery surface. Excellent for leather or vinyl seats and trim. Works great on leather jackets, shoes and gloves, too. Contains no silicone! Includes 4 ounces of Leather Clear, applicator, and microfiber buffing cloth.

· Contributing Member
1,889 Posts
I'm a big fan of Lexol, but mostly for how it works with dried out leather. Not sure how it would work on vinyl.

They also have vinyl products... from their website; http://www.lexol.com/education

Problem:
I need a good, trusted protectant to clean and protect the vinyl, rubber and plastic in my car (e.g. dashboard, console, etc.).

Solution:
Lexol Vinylex Protectant is powered by dual silicon action to clean and protect your car’s vinyl, rubber and plastic. Use it regularly to protect against UV damage, cracks and fading; it will leave your vinyl, rubber and plastic with a beautiful healthy sheen.

· Banned
10 Posts
There are many different interesting ways to clean these days, but I always clean with a microfiber cloth first, then use a steam cleaner, and finally polish. Interesting tips for steam cleaning can be found at Car steam cleaning process | What is car steam clean? and other parts of the cabin can be safely and effectively clean with steam. If you need disinfection, then this method is also suitable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts