Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Is there a way to get minor scratches out of chrome trim? My experience is limited to using Turtle Wax polish! Are there any sites that deal with this? I don't recall this subject on TCCN but that's my next stop on the web tonight. Thanks for the :1zhelp:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Buffer!

We jbought a small buffer from eastwood. It comes with a video and every thing needed to get you started. With all the trim on a cougar it pays for itself.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Chrome Polish

I use the cream made by Mothers' that is used on aluminum wheels. It's sold as metal polish, but it works wonders with chrome trim. Seems like it produces a black (oxide?) film on the rag, and buffs out real nice. I havn't tried the mini-buffer, but that sounds like just the ticket, would sure save on the elbow grease. I noticed a small "3-D" buffer at Sears the other day, it has 3 small round wheels that can be fitted with sandpaper or buffer discs. That may be a bit much, but if you could use just 1 of the wheels...

Ron.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I do have a Foredom Moto-tool, it's like the dremel only with a remote drive motor and long flexible shaft with handpiece. I think I already have a little buffer holder and several pads, I just never thought of using it for that. Seems like you should be more engrossed in what color the baby room is gonna be that how to get chrome polished up!! My wife and I have two boys, 4 yrs and 8 1/2 yrs, has your ultrasound showed whether your having boys, girls, or 1 each?? Hope this isn't overstepping personal boundaries, if so email me your butt-chewing.

Ron.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
hahhaha.. I was walking through Babies R us over the weekend multiplying every price I saw by 2... I just about passed out by the end of aisle 2. :(

We found out last week we're definately having two girls, so that's a bonus, at least we can start buying girl related stuff... :D

We're lucky though, some good friends of ours have a set of twin girls too, about 1.5 years old now... Hand me down city! I love it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Logan,

I think that if you write or call the makers of all the baby stuff, including diapers and formula, stollers, highchairs, etc..., they will provide the second one free. I'm pretty sure they all work that way and you should only have to buy 1. Most of those places give away free stuff just for calling and asking, or so my wife tells me.

Ron.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts