Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in the Baltimore area and I am looking for a Chrome Plating shop in my area. I need to rechrome Interior dash trim molding on my 68 Standard that runs from the passanger side of the dash accross the entire length of the dash. The trim is in 4 seperate peices. Also I need to rechrome both bumpers. Does anyone know of any shops in the Baltimore area that does chrome work, especially on plastic trim? I can be reached at [email protected]

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
There aren't many places that do plastic rechroming. The only one I've found on the East Coast is Paul's Chrome. You'll probably be able to find a chrome shop locally for the bumpers, though. I found it easier to buy rechromed bumpers from either WCCC or John's Classic Cougars and send them my old cores. It may be cheaper, too.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I had the plastic chrome on my dash redone by Mr. G's in TX in 2007. It has held up beautifully. One of the added benefits is that my gauges are much brighter at night, as the new chrome on the back reflects the light better. I'd also had them polish the lenses, which helped. It was not cheap, but it sure looks good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts