Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of restoring my car and right now the engine bay seems kind of bland , which i know for my year it seems pretty common but i wanted to make it look better

But i was wondering if i decided to chrome certain parts i didnt know if it would take away from the vehicle because it wasent stock , but i figure certain changes would look really nice

I had the idea of chroming the top of my air cleaner and leaving the rest ford blue and then on my valve covers just chrome the wording or a brushed chrome look on the "powered by ford" writing

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Sounds like a nice upgrade. I say go for it and make it shine. If the next owner doesn't like the chrome, off it goes and you, or he/she, may chuck or sell the chrome top.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Keep in mind that having existing parts custom chromed for you is likely to be cost prohibitive. 99.9% of people buy these from the aftermarket and put them on the car. The advantages are price and having the old parts to return to stock if that is desired in the future.

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
389 Posts
EBay has air cleaner and valve cover kits fir sbf motors for a fraction of plating one part and as stated the oe parts will be retained to swap back if desired

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ford Motorsports have a nice air cleaner set as well as an assortment of valve covers. Like everyone else has said,remove and save the original stuff

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah ive been trying to decide that , i liked the idea of brushed chrome on the powered by ford writing but i didnt want to destroy mine

So my only other thought was to find some cheap ones and then just have those chromed , because a guy at work his friend owns a coating shop that coats chrome , nickle and blue so im hoping to get a good deal

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts