Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i forget exactly what they're called, but you know the two chrome pieces that extend from the front bumper and over the front valence - there is one on each side of the license plate - Well was my car supposed to have them? It's a 68 XR-7. Thanks - Chad

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah bumper guards sounds right. Here is a picture so everyone knows what i mean. Every 68 XR-7 I've seen has had them, but for some odd reason mine does not. Thanks all - Chad

Attachments

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
Chrome thingies...

....Ummmmm, how 'bout 'whiskers' being they're on a Cougar. Yeah, valence whiskers. I like that.

'Bumper-bumpers'? Now why would bumpers need guards. Guards from hits from little old ladies that shouldn't be driving anymore? You need these things when you 'park by the braille method'? That's what they're for! Sheesh :rolleyes: ;)

* This post is all in good fun *

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HAHA that's great. I guess I'll just get them and slap them up there, I'm presuming that the mustang ones will fit? Thanks all - Chad

·
Registered
33 Posts
Chrome Thingies...

It seems I saw recently in a magazine that these were referred to as "Bumperettes" (?sp)
--MG

·
Registered
2 Posts
ChadInman said:
Yeah bumper guards sounds right. Here is a picture so everyone knows what i mean. Every 68 XR-7 I've seen has had them, but for some odd reason mine does not. Thanks all - Chad
Yeah, they are called "bumper guards" and National Parts Depot have them (Mustang) at about $15 each. I nearly got a pair for my 67, but I went the rechrome route instead.:)

·
Banned
4,754 Posts
bumperettes for sale

Yes that is what they are called Got a few sets for $50 pair THX Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts