Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since becoming the classic Cougar owner I have noticed that some women will go out of their way to talk you about the car and even throw themselves into your car to get your attention (maybe I'll tell that story someday). What's really cool about this is that they are gunuinely excited about the car and will often ask questions and/or reminisce about a past Cougar they once had. :)

Here are a few other observations I've made since becoming a Cougar owner.

Classic Mustang drivers like you. :)
Newer 5.0 Mustang owners want to race you. :rolleyes:
Classic Camaro dudes can't keep their eyes off your car. :confused:
Newer V8 Camaro Dudes want to race you. :rolleyes:
And chics dig Cougars. :D

Anybody else have these kind of experiences?

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I jump on my own Cougar!!!

Yeah, you're right, Chicks dig Cougars! I bought mine 8 years ago and I'm still in "LOVE" with it! Oh, Baby!:D

·
Registered
266 Posts
Evilmess: you can go ahead and tell that story today. I'm all ears.

Logan: I think your pic is the first pic of a cougar where my eyes actually strayed from the car.

Cougar Kitty: Are you actually a feline yourself? Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
vfret

Yes,....meow!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I just love southern kittys, I mean cougars.;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
1) Logan, you are my hero, lol

2) Evilmess, You are 100% correct, except the only chic's diggin my cougar are all about 20-30 years older than me, what's up with that?!?! And when I do get a chic my age to notice my car(or maybe me) they ask what year is your MUSTANG D'OH!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hmmmmm... Maybe it is a good idea to restore my cougar then. As long as it just ain't cougars that like Cougars, if ya know what I mean.

However,
When I drive my 95 Firebird Formula, girls stare.
When I drive my 72 Vette drop-top, girls stare.
When I drive my 92 Ford Tempo (winter car), I get pointed and laughed at. People can be so mean.

Shep

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
hmm, people like the Cougar..... they all reminice. alot of the chicks that look at my car are about 20 years older than me too though. there was one chick that i saw outside of a record store once that also had a 69 Cougar of her own.. kinda rough but cool. she checked out mine and commented how much nicer it was than hers. heres the sucky part.... i was late to be somewhere else so i couldnt stop and talk D'oh!!!!!!!!! how come that is one of the only times i meet a cool chick?

·
Registered
266 Posts
sixt9coug: were you showing her yours, and she showing you hers.LMFAO

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Physical Attraction!

People look at my car and say, "It looks like a Mustang!" Both men and women are attracted to my car!:D

·
Registered
210 Posts
Have to agree!

There's just something about a Cougar that draws people to them. When I bought my first Coug I didn't realize how much attention I would get. Some was to be expected just 'cause I was in an "old school", what I didn't expect was to make a name for myself because of my Coug. It seemed like everybody knew who I was and I did get extra attention from the ladies because of my black cat. Don't get me wrong, there were a lot of clean classics rollin' around my town, but my cat was unique. She was one of three, maybe four Cougs that were seen driving around compared to the sea of Mustangs and various Chevy's that seemed to be around every turn. Yeah, my Coug comanded attention, she will be missed...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Besides my Coug I nerver see any other cougars. I never really have seen other cats around and I have been here for over thirty years.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
Shep,

the reason chicks stare when you drive the firechicken and vette, is cuz they cant believe daddy lets you drive his cars,lol. J/K.

Rick

·
Registered
8 Posts
I do get the daddy's car comments alot. I am 25 but I look about 18 so nobody believes that they are mine. The Firebird I bought about 2 years ago, it is my daily driver in summer. The Vette I have had for about 5 years. Bought it as a pile of junk and started doing a resto. Thank god for M. A. Direct Corvette catalogues. Now if I could only afford side pipes for it.
Once I finish the Cougar I am gonna have to buy a house with a bigger yard so I can build a giant garage. I seem to be a pack-rat when it comes to cars. I buy them, fix them, and never sell them.

Later
Shep

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
My wife got looks to when she drove the Cougar. I guess they where suprised when she drove it. She'd be out for coffee or something, then walk to the car and get in and drive away, the guys faces looked stunned she said.

NOW, she drives the Fairlane to work, (at a local car club hang out) and gets out, and guys do a double look, and there would be guys hanging out to ask questions on the car, and she would get in, the would walk away or ask if she knows anything about the Fairlane. She poiltely says "yes, it's my car" hops in and drives away. I'm sure the girls here can atest to this too. I know I used to be like that.

Attachments

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My wife loves driving my Cougar, in fact I'll never forget the look on her face when I told her I was buying it. You see, she always figured I'd buy a classic Camaro ('70 to '73) and when I told her we were going to look at a car I was very careful not to tell her what it was that I was planning to buy. That is until I couldn't find the address where the Cougar was and I accidently let it slip out in my frustration in trying to find this place. I swear to gawd it looked like she saw a ghost of something at the mere mention of 'Cougar'. She was excited to say the least after it sank in and she saw the car.

So we chatted with the owner a bit and he gave us the keys and off we went for a drive. Midway thru I let her get behind the wheel and finish out the test drive. It was like the devil had taken control of her foot because she ran the car HARD, tires squeeling, car pitching left and right in the turns, and I'm thinking 'Is this the same women I married?" When we pulled back up to the owner he was shocked to see her driving. He commented on how most men don't let their wives behind the wheel during the test drive. It was cool to say the least and my wife has fun with the car, in fact I know she has that devil foot while driving it.

Also my mom is a hot rodder from a time when cars like ours were new (and she can wrench too). I often talk to her about the Cougar to get her perspective on whatever it is that I'm planning for the car. I keep hoping someday that she'll get that '64 Malibu that she's always wanted. I know for a fact that she also has a hot foot when she's behind the wheel of a V8, you should see her truck, it kicks @$$!

I also think it's cool when the ladies are driving a classic machine, I'm certianly not surprised by it and would even chat a bit if the opportunity was there. :D

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
My wife and two daughter just want me to hurry up and turn up my toes so they can have the Cougars to themselves.

Tried to explain to them that I couldn't do that yet as it would be unfair that one of them had a coupe and the other two had convertibles. Suggested that I by a 71 covertible and 2 XR7 GTs so they can have a coupe and convertible each.

Kids thought it was great idea - wife mentioned something about hastening my demise if she could find a way of not getting caught

·
Registered
2,691 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Thanks Tim B. I'll check them out. In the past 30 years I think I have only seen maybe 6 cougars. I'm sure there are a few around, just not a whole lot.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts