Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to buy one of those off ebay. It's going in the 67 and I just want to know if anyone has had any issues fitting them in..

At first it was hard to convince the seller I wanted passenger side water outlets for upper and lower but once we got passed that I kept getting told I wanted the 20" wide version..

I want the full size 25" rad (I think) and I'll use a 70s rad support. Big block cats in 67 must've used the bigger rads right?

Isn't there any easy way to mount those puppies in?

Thanks
Mark

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
67 bb rad is unique to it self---68-70 bb are the same--i would think you could get 68 upper and lower sht metal brkts and the correct rubber pcs from wccc or mustangsplus--i bought a fairly expensive alum rad to replace the 4 core copper radiator in our cougar--i cant say i noticed any cooling difference until i did the 140 amp alt/dual 11" spall/spal pwm computer cooling system !the alum rad needed to be mounted 5/8 offcenter to fit right---i think i could have saved some bucks and just put the fan sys on the copper rad---if i know what i do now , i'd have john @ beko radiatot (concord,ca) build a dimple tube radiator (copper ) and be done with everything
doctordesoto

·
Registered
182 Posts
The only problem I had with my ebay aluminum radiator on my Mach 1 was with the filler neck where the rad cap goes on. It was actually made of very thin aluminum or steel and would occasionally warp from the high pressure cap that I used and would weep coolant. I took it to a radiator shop in Charlotte and he welded a billet aluminum neck on there for $50 and it never leaked a drop after that.

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Look for (or PM) Cougar Bill's post about a pretty inexpensive aluminum radiator that fits well and works well in our cars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts