Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got the Cat back from the paint shop. Man what a difference! It looks so cool. I've still got a ways to go getting all the trim back on. I'll post some pics then. Now for the but...
On the way home it died!! I was driving along, it was purring like it should, then- nothing. It just went dead. I lost the spark somewhere in the system. I'm thinking I may have loosened a wire in the ignition switch while I was working under the dash. It has an aftermarket DUI distributor on it that is fairly new. Anyone have any ideas if I don't find a loose wire under the dash?

Thanks,
Wayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,832 Posts
That DIU dist is basically a GM HEI correct? If so just hotwire the dist to the battery and see if it runs. If not then you know its in the dist. mm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it is, and I didn't know to try that. Thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,201 Posts
"Finally got the Cat back from the paint shop"

Its a great feeling...................
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,722 Posts
Yes it is... my cat was in for almost a year, I'll post pics of all the work later. The worst part is going in to the shop while it's all apart, including the roof SAWED OFF (we had to replace the passenger side drip rail from the quarter window forward, including the a-pillar)... I hope you get it running! And get all the trim put on right away, because if you let it slip it will never get done! Trust me!
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top