Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a manufacturer who makes cast aluminum valve covers for the 429/460 std. with provisions for oil fill/PCV and breather? I've seen a set or two, but they always need to be drilled or knocked-out. I don't even think Motorsport makes a set!

I'm getting a little daunted by this, even though I've accepted the fact that I don't have an SB chevy, and whatever I need (though it might be the exact same item as a chevy) will cost at least $20 more (cause it's a FORD dude!). Grrrrrrr.....:mad:

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Can't help on 460. I've always done Y block or SB Ford.

You got to love Ford to do them and I do!

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Mustangs Unlimited has the "COBRA 460" black finned aluminim ones. P/N D1ZZ6A582460.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooh black finned ones...that "Cobra 460" logo is kinda fruity though...hey, beggars can't be choosers. Thanks for the info fellas.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Happy Birthday ZeroTolerance

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh why thank you. Hmm...birthday today, getting married on Saturday...It's been a busy month.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts

I'm useing the Moroso's. they were nearly half the price, and still cleared my big rockers guide plates and studgirdels...
chrome steel $44.99 at Jegs:D

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's what I'm trying to stay away from if I can. I know they're cheap, but I have the stamped Ford ones now, and the passenger side is racked. I actually have 2 stacked 5/16" gaskets in there right now, aso You can imagine how well THAT seals....:(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts