Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
What is this car worth?...looks very nice. currently up to $12,800 but reserve not hit...
does anybody know more about this car?

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
What is this car worth?...looks very nice. currently up to $12,800 but reserve not hit...
does anybody know more about this car?
This is one of our cars we decided to sell. If you need more information feel free to contact me.

Here is a pretty good valuation tool for estimating a cars worth. Just remember options and color also add or subtract from value.

http://www.hagerty.com/valuationtools/

Click on Value your car and select your information.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I repectfully disagree on this valuation tool's accuracy. Hagerty lists a 1969 Cougar XR7 convertible with an available 429 cubic inch engine. It also lists a 302 as an engine option in 1969.

It lists the average value of a 1969 351 XR7 convertible at around $21,500, and what I assume is their misidentification of a 428 with an average value around $24,500. I don't believe $3000 is the difference between an H code and an R code.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
I only checked a few. Guess they need to do some updating. NADA is also a place to check. Problem with all these valuation guides is they don't allow for all the possibilities (options, colors, etc) which effect value. The best valuation tool is what someone is willing to pay!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm always wary of using a book or website to determine any cars value. There are several cats out there that have been for sale for years because the owners are asking NADA value for them.
The last XR7 with a factory sunroof that I saw for sale sold in California three years ago for 24K and it was a concourse restoration. It was Gor-Juss and I bet the owner took a loss on it too. Right now there are two 69 eliminators for sale in my state for 20K and 22K and they've been sitting since last year. They both need a little tlc but are currently very presentable. Like it or not, it is a buyer's market.

·
Supporting Vendor
1,014 Posts
The car has been sold. Many cars don't make their reserve on EBay but still get sold after the auction ends! Ebay is an inexpensive advertising tool. The car will be missed but is going to a great new home.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts