Mercury Cougar Owners banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts
Hopefully I'll have mine up and running by then. If anyone wants to come down to Tacoma and help acar novice with his Cougar, I'll be forever grateful. I'll be joining the club here shortly and I'm pretty excited!!

Hopefully I'll have mine up and running by then. If anyone wants to come down to Tacoma and help acar novice with his Cougar, I'll be forever grateful. I'll be joining the club here shortly and I'm pretty excited!!
What do you need help with?

If you read my other posts, I just need help getting started. Shes a big project and I don't even have the basic tools.

You were given lots of good advice and direction in your other thread. Start with purchasing the shop manuals and read them You can't begin a restoration without a good selection of at least basic hand tools so you'll need to head to Harbor Freight and get yourself the basics. Once you have the manuals and tools, you can get started. This hobby is neither cheap nor easy but if you have a desire to learn and some basic mechanical aptitude, you'll be able to get your car on the road.

Our next club event is at Griot's Garage in Tacoma on Saturday April 20th at 10:00 a.m. where we'll be having a demonstration on polishing paint. While that may be putting the cart before the horse in your case, it will be a good opportunity for you to meet the guys and get some in-person advice.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.