Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. My new ACC carpet arrived yesterday and I'm ready to install it. The question is, do I need to spray on an adhesive or do I just lay it down??? I was told that no adhesive is needed, but wanted to make sure. It's a 71 convertible if that makes any difference. After the carpet, I'm installing a new Edlebrock carb!!
Thanks!!
Dan

·
Registered
763 Posts
And let us know about the edelbrock carb also

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
is your carpet a 2 piece or a 1 piece? i replaced the 1 in my 70 and it was a 2 piece. Have had it now for about 9 years and still a great fit n looks great as well.
thanks
pat

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK....So I SHOULD have put the carpet in today....but instead, ended up working on the lawn. Well in the middle of patch seeding I discovered a rather large hole in the side of my pool!!!!! Now looks like I'll be working on that in the next few weeks instead of the cougar!!!! Anyway, hope to have the carpet in by monday or tuesday. The carb will be another 2 weeks. I really want to get a new edlebrock manifold......guess that's why I haven't put the carb in yet. But the pool will need my money and now the manifold is further out of the picture!!! Oh well.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I was going to put new carpet in mine and then I found swiss cheese holes under the rear seat floor pan.:(

No adhesive.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok.....still haven't installed the carpet yet! I found some surface rust around the drain holes....so need to do POR-15. But floors and rockers are in overall excellent shape. Almost all the rust came of with a wire brush. Gotta love a california car!!!! I'm still going to put POR-15 aorund the corners and along the rockers. Should be done by the end of the week. Then New Edlebrock manifold and 600 carb. Hope to have her on the road in 2 weeks!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts