Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy this carb for my '69 XR-7 and was wondering if someone new of any good deals that may be floating around. Going price is about $350 NIB, but I'm sure someone knows where I can beat that! : )

Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
SummitRacing.com usually has the best overall price. Only way to beat em is if you have a coupon for 10-20% off at carparts.com :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm assuming you are not worried about looking stock since you are talking about the Holley Avenger. But, I'd seriously look at the Barry Grant Demon carb. They make a 625 cfm model for the street that has all the advantages of the Avenger and is $299 at Summit if I recall.
The Ford may be a little more expensive because of the kickdown linkage.
By all account, the Demon's outperform the Holley's.
Check out http://www.demoncarbs.com

I just bought a Demon for another car. I had to send it back and ironically I bought a 770/870 Avenger instead. The reason was I really needed a choke and to maintain the factory linkage. The Demon I had did not have a choke, did not fit my stock linkage and the I need to get another fitting for the duel fuel line.

If Demon made a street carb > 650 cfm (like a 750) I would have bought that in a heartbeat. The Holley Avenger was made to compete with stuff like the Demon, Bill Mitchell, etc. because they were taking Holley's market away for a top-quality, high-tech engineered carb.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts