Mercury Cougar Owners banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 75 Cat with a 351W and 2v Carb. I bought a 4v stock intake manifold and was trying to decide between a stock 4v carb vs an Edelbrock 1405/1406 carb with an electronic choke. My mechanic friend says to stick with stock because of linkage and such.
I was wondering what you all think or have experienced? Is there much performance difference between a stock 4v and an aftermarket Edelbrock with a stock intake manifold?

I posted this earlier today but I can't find my post, so either I can't find it or it was lost in cyberspace! :wave:

·
Registered
7,569 Posts
A 600 Holley would be a nice upgrade for you, as well as some freed up exhaust.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have a 75 Cat with a 351W and 2v Carb. I bought a 4v stock intake manifold and was trying to decide between a stock 4v carb vs an Edelbrock 1405/1406 carb with an electronic choke. My mechanic friend says to stick with stock because of linkage and such.
I was wondering what you all think or have experienced? Is there much performance difference between a stock 4v and an aftermarket Edelbrock with a stock intake manifold?

I posted this earlier today but I can't find my post, so either I can't find it or it was lost in cyberspace! :wave:
Linkage is easy. Lokar makes a kit if you need one. 2v vs 4v is a no brainer decision. I run a Holley 4v on a ford racing intake and it's fantastic.

·
Registered
7,569 Posts

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Bite the bullet and do it right ..... Buy a aftermarket aluminum intake and a "FORD" version Holley Avenger 670 carb with kick down and electric choke and you will never regret it ,,, a 35 + year old intake can be warped ... pitted ... burnt out on the inside ect.... besides being way heavier ..... along with any "stock" carb you can find being wore out n rebuilt ....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.