Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I went under the hood today to adjust the idle mixture screws to find I have a new leak on my Holley 600. It is on the drivers-side, back bowl, right behind where the fuel pipe enters. There is a "Round piece" that looks like it is a pressed in piece that should not be leaking. Wondering if this is something that is fixable, and how. Or am I at a point where I would be better off replacing this re-manufactured and later rebuilt carb with a new one.
I am open to any suggestions, if this carb is done, appreciate thoughts on a replacement. If this is still good, any suggestions on what I need to do to make it safe again. It is an electric choke, vacuum secondaries Holley 600.
Thanks in advance for any help, hopefully the picture attached will help make sense.
Leaking at the round part upper right of carb photo.
LeakingHere1.JPG

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
You could simply get a replacement bowl from a place like Summitracing for ~$40 ( linky here )

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at float bowls but couldn't for the life of me figure out which one to go with. I will check the numbers on the one I have but I'm sure you have nailed it with the right one. Looks like I need to move parts from inside the old one into this one to make things all come together? It is possible that I am reading more into it that is necessary... Please feel free to wise me up.. : )
Charlie

·
Registered
708 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like the ticket!! I was contemplating some of that epoxy that is used to fix gas tank leaks, thought I had some but no luck. I know I have some JB weld. I do it this moning and hopefully be out this beautiful weekend. Thanks Much!!!
Charlie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts