Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was given an Edelbrock 1406 4bbl carb. Right now my '68 Cougar has a Autolite 2100 2bbl. I need help finding which 4bbl intake manifold would work to switch the Edelbrock over.

Thanks,
Nate

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Edelbrock Performer.

Oh, and you're going to have to fab up a fuel line and figure out the throttle linkage for this carb because of the location of the fuel inlet and the wider configuration of the carb. I made an Edelbrock carb work on my 351W and it's great.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I would go either Edelbrock Performer RPM or a Wieand Stealth just because those two intakes have a better design.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Edelbrock Performer.

Oh, and you're going to have to fab up a fuel line and figure out the throttle linkage for this carb because of the location of the fuel inlet and the wider configuration of the carb. I made an Edelbrock carb work on my 351W and it's great.
yep, what he said. Not a big deal but you will need to do a couple things. Edel performer would probably be the best choice all around for the swap

·
Registered
197 Posts
I had a Performer on my 302 and switched to a Stealth. Car runs a lot stronger. But the performer was OK for normal driving and has better clearance than the high rise Stealth although both do clear in my 68. I also went to a smaller cfm (570 Street Avenger) carb and increased my power. Jim

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Be fore warned....Putting and eldelbrock carb on is not an easy plug and play...nothing lines up, I gave up trying to get it on right and look right swiched to the Holley street avenger which was easy to hook up...Just keep it in mind...I have put the edelbrock manifold on all my cars look good and install easy....

·
Registered
425 Posts

Nate, This fuel line will make bolting to a Ford a little neater.
If I were to run an Edelbrock on a Ford, I would definatly run this line instead of looping a bunch of rubber hose to it.

·
Registered
8,194 Posts

Nate, This fuel line will make bolting to a Ford a little neater.
If I were to run an Edelbrock on a Ford, I would definatly run this line instead of looping a bunch of rubber hose to it.
I bought one of these early on and tried to install it but some genius at Edelbrock decided that it was a good idea to chrome plate the threads of the banjo bolt at the fuel inlet. I fabbed my own up using braided stainless hose and a/n fittings. It has been on my car for over ten years no and I have had no problems with it.

·
Registered
425 Posts
:uhoh:
I bought one of these early on and tried to install it but some genius at Edelbrock decided that it was a good idea to chrome plate the threads of the banjo bolt at the fuel inlet. I fabbed my own up using braided stainless hose and a/n fittings. It has been on my car for over ten years no and I have had no problems with it.
....another reason I hate chrome.:uhoh:

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
Yeah, the biggest issue I had was with my high rise intake and my Moroso drop base breather. The accelerator pump got in the way.
A cheap little plastic mr. gasket breather base spacer fixed it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts