Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any members participating in this traveling car show that arrives in Muskegon today?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Only two Cougars at the show. Both were either 67 or 68 models I think. Largest show I've been to. I was hoping to see more Cougars.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
No, I didn't attend, but I was going down I 96 watching all the cars going west bound.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I missed that one, but hope to make it the Whitehall - Montague cruise night next month.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll miss that one. I'm back in Texas now.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Only two Cougars at the show. Both were either 67 or 68 models I think. Largest show I've been to. I was hoping to see more Cougars.
Guess you missed my 69 dark green XR7 / Eliminator clone? I drove the Power Tour with three buddies from South Bend, In to Detroit, Muskegon, Champaign, IL, then back home. Over 1000 miles in 4 days and the old gal ran fantastic, no problems. This is the second Hot Rod Power Tour that I particpated in and I plan on doing it again nex year, depending on where it goes. I highly recommend it to any car nut.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
where were you parked? We started in the field to the left of the Harley Dealership, then walked up to the main road that was blocked off and walked the full length of that road, diverging into the side streets and parking lots as much as possible, then we came back up Seaway or whatever the main road that was open is called these days, went through the parking lot where all the vendors had there stuff staged, through the Holliday Inn parking lot and whatever other lots were on the way back to the Harley Dealership.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Beats me! They routed us around so many buildings that I got lost! All I know is we were in a parking lot behind an office building. The lot had nice shady tree-lined strips down the middle where we parked. There was also a yellow 69 Eliminator clone in one of the bigger lots. I think it would have been impossible to see all of the cars the way people were coming and going all day long. Still, it was a great time! Maybe I'll see you at next year's Power Tour! :)

Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts