Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on another board reading some of the car names people were posting and wondered how many cougar owners name thier cars. I was thinking of naming mine but the wvcat kinda fits it even though I should give her a proper female name. Ummm maybe Catrina...lol
John
wvcat

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
As most know, I refer to mine (and myself at times) as ragcat.
My first cat, a '68 XR7 was called "Suz" after a girlfriend at the time. Even put it on the front fender with metallic 'rainbow changing' stick on letters!:eek: Was a royal pain when we broke up!
Called my first '70 "straycat"

chuck

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I always called my race cars "Kellys Diamond". It makes sense when you know that my wifes name is Kelly. mm

·
Registered
314 Posts
When busting my knuckels,ouch, on my cougar I don't use a specific name. Usually a bunch of explitives rattled together to make a sentence. Gotta love doing your own work.

·
Registered
70 Posts
well since i dont have my cougar it doesnt have a name, but the chevelle im working on well its name is jenny because that was the name my girlfriend at the time named it

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
well when i got the car, my mom lovingly named it " the heap" then " that loud junky thing " then after it was painted the first time, i just called it " the Merc". no real names, but hey, i think they count

·
Contributing Member
5,865 Posts
68 gets called "the coupe"; 69 gets called "the truck" because it has so many rattles, creaks and groans and the 70 is called "the money pit"; next one is called "grounds for divorce"

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
I called the Cougar "princess" when she ran, hopefully soon again. I call the Fairlane "the big POS". call the truck the "supercrap wander"

Rick

·
Registered
329 Posts
Cougar Names

In september of 1999 my cougar deliverd on a damp wet day.By the end of that day I came up with a name ( STEELCAT ) :D 70 XR7 Ragtop

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
I didn't always name my cars. I think it's only when you like them that a name will stick.

The 69 Cougar is Lilli: she's like a Calla Lilli; white, elegant, curvey and comes to a point. She was also named after my best friend who died suddenly before I got her. His last name was Liljedahl (pronounced lilli-doll).

The Mark III is Mona, 'cause I think she's a work of art, as in Mona Lisa.

The SHO is Pearl, the paint is called Opal Frost, a pearl silver. She reminds me of Janis Joplin because she's had a hard life but will live forever.

Tim B
1969 XR7 428 CJR convertible
http://members.aol.com/timbrands/index.html

·
Registered
102 Posts
Chauncey Cougar

I named my 1969 Cat for Chauncey, the four-legged cougar seen in the Mercury car commercials. He made his first appearance in 1969, too. Chauncey's (the four-legged cougar) predecessor was Tanya. Tanya was the first cougar to appear in Cougar advertising, althoughy a few others were used at various times between 1967 and 1969.

Of course I have called Chauncey (the car) less complimentry names on occasion, but I try to keep those times to a minimum. After all, cars have feelings, too!

Keep on Cattin'!

Steve

·
Registered
889 Posts
my wife named mine

It took 22 years to reclaim another cougar she new it was coming but not when.When I got it home and was wrenchin on it for 2 weeks before it got life this was the line I got "What are you going to do today? Oh dont tell me your going to the barn to be with your BABY" So the name stands Dan:p:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Is that felix Evilmess?? Perhaps Felix would be a good one. My friend here at work with his 68' Nova calls my car Mad Max. It's not a GT 350, but kind of has the same aura, especially with the drag slicks. I'll post a pic sometime with the racing tires, black rims all the way around. Butt ugly, but "Mad Max" definitely is a good name with the black rims.

I had a friend who's dog was named Bill, and there's that Johnny Cash song about a boy named Sue. Why don't we name our cars Fred, or Harvey? They just don't sound right do they? And who would put a male name on something we put such effort and affection into?

Ron.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Felix the cat?? nice nice, i cant name mine that though. not around here anyway. theres the famous Chevy dealer in Los Angeles called Felix Chevrolet. they have the cat on their plate frames and all. so im out of luck. womans names on cars are great too. i cant imagine washing my car and calling it Roy or something.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts