Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, it's getting to that time of year again. I want a classic to work on and drive on the weekends.
I'm looking for a 67 or 68 Cougar XR7, preferably 67. My second choice would be a 66 Galaxie, must be 2 doors and a V8 , or a 67 Thunderbird two door. Wouldn't mind a 66, 67 Cyclone either. Gotta be a driver. In or near Massachusetts would be a bonus.

Thanks in advance.
Bruce

·
Registered
11,950 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
Bruce, what's your budget? Jim Prenaveau in New Hampshire is selling a '68 XR-7 GT clone that's very nice, but still a driver, for $16K (asking price) and a '66 or '67 Cyclone. I don't know the price on the Cyclone, but PM me your e-mail address and I'll forward his e-mail to you if you want to contact him directly.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys, thanks for all the links.

Bill, PM sent

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bump... Hope everyone is having a Happy Easter.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Slim pickens this spring so far, am I looking too early?

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts
Hit up scott taylor, he should have something in his possession for sale.

thanks
pat

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They are both nice looking cars, would you both be willing to PM me your bottom line price?

·
Premium Member
2,364 Posts
The second link in CougarSharks post is Jim Prenaveau's car. I've seen it in person and it is very nice. In fact, I almost bought it myself before Jim did and he's had it out to several club events, so I know he's kept it in nice condition. The only reason I didn't buy it at the time was because it was a clone and I was looking for a factory GT.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Bill, I contacted him and am waiting on some pictures. He said he would send them when he got the car out of storage. I guess I need to contact him again.

·
Premium Member
5,758 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a couple of possibles, but I'd love a 4 speed. Are there any out there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Im on the west coast and have an ad on san diego cl. 1968 Cougar - by owner. You'll know it when you see it...... first pic is of engine
Blue / purple paint......

1 - 20 of 46 Posts