Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body see the new issue of Car Craft? I looked at it with the big block comparison, and thought thats cool. Allmost didn't buy it until i seen "Us vs. Them Why imports suck". Sold it is some very funny stuff highly recomended.:D

·
Registered
406 Posts
Yeah I checked that out, but that's not exactly a new issue - it's about 3 issues old !! Carcraft has been doing a good job lately, good for them. - Chad

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stupid Southern Ohio

I didnt evencheck the date oh well. It doesnt surprise me this area has old magazines all over the shelves. On a better note i really like the magazine they seem to be less chevy oriented than magazines like Hot Rod. They have a well balanced issues with all makes (except Hondas):p: :man was that funny stuff. They earned a new subscriber.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
aaaahhh Car Craft. so the "Why Imports Suck" issue hooked you huh?? ive been subscribing since 98. its a kick ass magazine. the issue that hooked me??? why the "Smoky Burnout Issue" the fact that "Insane Fun With a Total Beater" was there too, was.... wow, icing on the cake! ( June 98 Issue )

·
Registered
406 Posts
I'm also a subscriber of car craft. I was a fan of the 2 year subscription for only $15.00 With a price like that, how can you not sign up? - Chad

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
i always get the 2 for 1 deal with a buddy of mine. im getting it until JUNE 04 i think, maybe 05

·
Contributing Sr Motorhead
5,470 Posts
I used to subsribe

But most of the stuff I've seen more than once over the years and years and years... Hey, remember that I'm a 'Senior Motorhead'. :p:

Many years ago they took a 70 Caddy 2-door and raced it. Baseline, with two more doors in the back seat (they said that they wanted to race a 'four door'!), then they started cutting the car apart, lightening it and made dragstrip passes at different stages of dis-assembly until it was just the bare frame and drivetrain. I thought that was funnier than heck! As an aside, my mother had a Caddy identical to the one they trashed. It ran better than theirs for a baseline. Would you believe a 15.4 second pass? This was back in the early-mid 80s when GT Mustangs were only good for 16 flat, and Z-28s and Trash-Ams did 16.5s. Needless to say, Mom's car got a lot of laughs! That 472 cubic inch high-compression engine was putting out some serious power!

I'm glad they still have a sense of humor and are into the more 'off-beat' cars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts