Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4-layer construction, with hold-down belts front and rear. $31.99 Ten times nicer than the one I recently bought at Wal-Mart for almost double the price.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Sounds pretty decent.. I have the more pricey California Car Covers for my cars. For the Opel I got one made out of their "NOAH" material and it's been awesome for outdoor storage. There are oak trees hanging over the driveway that always rain down sap and leaves and junk, and then there's the occasional rain. A car doesn't stay clean for 2 days in that driveway, but with that NOAH cover, the Opel stays virtually spotless. I was / still am very impressed.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What was the make on the Car cover? I need to get one for my '70.
No brand/make is listed on the box, haven't looked for any tags on the cover itself. Made in China. I'm using the Large size on my 67, and it fits pretty well for being a universal cover. This is probably one of those one-time-buys, so I plan on picking up a couple more before they sell out.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is there a hole for your antenna?
No antenna hole, but the antenna reinforcement patch is included. Basically, you burn a hole with a soldering iron where needed, then use the heat from a hair dryer to soften the glue on the patch. After applying patch, you heat it up a bit more and press down to affix to car cover.

Is it moisture and rain proof or just for a garage??
Definitely an outside cover. We've had a couple bouts of rain in the last couple weeks, and it's kept the Cougar nice and dry. The four-layer construction allows it to breathe, while also repelling water off the topside. I'm still amazed they're only $32!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts