Mercury Cougar Owners banner

can't wait to cruise

1K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  mercury68 
#1 ·
Hey guys,
I don't know if the rest of you are like me, but I have got a bad case of the cruising fever.
I just put my carpet and seats in my car and I had to take it out for a drive. During the last five months, I have had my car stripped out pretty good and put back together. In my mind, I am still
a long way from being done. But honestly, does anyone ever feel that they are done with a car. Anyway, I couldn't help myself. I washed her up good and drove around town for a couple of hours and stopped to show everyone who would flag me down. I must admit my head was swelled with pride. The people in the area I live are not familiar with the older cougars. I was told by several people that it must be a mustang. And to top it off, I took my little boy to McDonalds for lunch and there were two van loads of teenagers. The kids said they had never seen a car like this. I felt like I was at a car show. One high school girl even said that it was the prettiest car she had ever seen.
Enough for the ego trip though. I had a genuine blast and am ready for some summer cruising and car events.
Mercury68
I think this cougar forum is cool!!!

PS: Does anyone remotely close to me know any dates for any cougar shows or cruises? I need something to dwell on.

See less See more
#7 ·
I was totally surprised and it makes a great story to this day. Later that night I told my wife and she was in complete disbelief.

I've had several women approach me in regard to the Cougar and want to talk about the car. Sometimes they reminisce about their past Cougar or want to know more about it because they are considering purchasing one.

Another spring and summer of cruises just around the corner and I’m SOOOO looking forward to cruising again! I hope I can hook up with some other local Cougar owners this year too.

#8 ·
Our Cougars

Last summer I was at Texaco gettting some cigarettes for my husband. When I came back out there was a couple drooling over my car. They said that they never seen one that year and asked if it was for sale. I said no. Then I started it up and they were wowed again! The Flowmaster's make it sound awesome! They had to look at the motor then.(It's stock but, everyone thinks I got a high performance cam)

I think the woman was a *****. She was a flirt.:rolleyes:
That's my luck.

#9 ·
I've got the fever real bad! I started my car up today for the first time since early November. She purrrrred like a goodun. Since I last had her running I have replaced all the under dash wiring and as soon as my new XR7 clocks/gauges arrive (Don Rush posted them last week) I will be back on the road. Just in time for spring!!!!!!!! All I need now is enough money for my Competition Orange paintwork and I am well and truly in the cruising business lol.

I will be posting a gallery of pics soon. Just as soon as I get enough sunlight to take any photos.

#10 ·
The weather finally broke with days in the 70's this week. Yesterday, I drove the h code conv. to work and for lunch went out and put the top down. What a kick to see pure blue sky after some of the cold (for us) weather we have had this winter(third coldest on record for Jan.). Several people gave me thumbs up and it gave me Spring Fever bad!!! There are several shows coming up in the next two months here in Florida, including the big one at Daytona Mar.21-23(2500-3000 cars). Come on down, everybody!!!

Jim

Jim

#11 ·
mercury68 said:
...PS: Does anyone remotely close to me know any dates for any cougar shows or cruises? I need something to dwell on.
Why is that? Don't wanna go to a show alone? jk...
Anyway, I sure do want to cruise me cat, although it will not look very neat and organised yet, but just the feel of it will do good...
It's stories like these up here that keep me going till then.

Thanks folks! I really need these every now and then.

Cheers!
Matthijs

#12 ·
I took Tiffany out last Tuesday.... AAHhhhhhhhh It was glorious...Sun was out, Sky was Blue , in the 70's.... Through town... out on the highway to stretch her legs a bit, down my my favorite country backroad to stretch even more .... Then back to the house to get "the look" for the other half for being gone for a couple hours and not takin' out the trash LOL

Oh well ... did I mention it was GLORIOUS!!!

Don

#13 ·
Just take the trash can with you next time!

#14 ·
ROFLMAO!!!!! Yeah that never works... besides... TRASH in the T-CAT... NO WAY....LOL

Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.