Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My user account (sh0x) is unable to view and comment in the ECI thread.

http://www.mercurycougar.net/forums/showthread.php?21714-(Picture)-Diary-of-an-ECI-(East-Coast-Idiot)

I get a 500 error which indicates a server side issue. It hasn't worked in a very long time, probably over a year. I can read other threads OK.

"Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)"

If I logout of the site, I can view the ECI thread as guest. When I login (which is required to leave comments) it goes back to a 500 error.

As a workaround I created a new account (sh0x12) and I can view the ECI thread using it, but would like to use my original profile.

Jason

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Yeah - I noticed that too. I shot a note to the Admin and never heard back. I will poke them with a sharper stick this time.......

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Wonder if it has something to do with the size of the thread, I seem to recall something along these lines a very long time ago. When the thread got to a certain length the site management had to do something to allow it to be be viewed (or something along these lines). Happened to notice that the damned thing is up to almost 250K views now!

·
Registered
943 Posts
Maybe the sharper stick prod worked, I can access it both as a guest and logged in :smoke:

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Really? I can't. Still get the 500 error........

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
nope......

·
Administrator
304 Posts
Do you mind if I borrow your login information? I don't have an issue and it's not your IP... So I'm wondering if its something stuck on your account.

Lee

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
yeah go ahead. Seems like it doesn't matter which machine I am on. I don't appear to be the only one withhe issue though.....?

·
Registered
943 Posts
I have no issues from either my windows or mac :smoke:

·
Administrator
13,577 Posts
Can you PM with what you want specifically, I hate to assume and send you gibberish :smoke:
He (or she) is talking to Mike, Bad69Cat I believe.

Now, back on topic, IT'S A CONSPIRACY I TELL 'YA!!!

·
Registered
943 Posts
It must be a conspiracy, only phat cat owners can view the thread :smoke:

·
Administrator
304 Posts
Hi,

You said that it is happening on both Mac and PC, are you using the same browsers on both devices? Does it happen every time you try to access that thread? Also, is it happening on any other threads on the site or just that specific one?

~Sheena

·
Registered
943 Posts
Hi,

You said that it is happening on both Mac and PC, are you using the same browsers on both devices? Does it happen every time you try to access that thread? Also, is it happening on any other threads on the site or just that specific one?

~Sheena
Ok i'm totally confused now. i am NOT having any issue viewing the thread, others are. I just wanted to let people know I wasn't, on the mac i'm running ElCapitan OS and using Safari. On the windows box I'm running windows 10 and using the app that replaced explorer. :smoke:

·
Administrator
304 Posts
Is anyone other than Bad69cat having this same issue? I ask because I'm wondering if it is specifically happening to all users or could it be a permissions problem.

~Sheena

1 - 17 of 17 Posts