Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, got those funny lookin' bars on it...

Sorry, sworn to secrecy on this one. And it is not for sale anyway.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Wow, I wish I had a junk pile in my back yard that one of those was hiding in.

Who is it? whats his number? he selling? lol

·
Registered
256 Posts
At least the barn find lives on. In this case along side the barn find.

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
There are lots of barn finds still out there. I'm just glad this one doesn't have an old barn around it to fall in on it.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Well the grill bars say 7 liter. Cool.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Looks like a great way to ensure that the rare cougar decays into junk between the weather & the amimals..a shame

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Well, I missed it.....

Didn't see the grille badge, only the yellow body panels; and thought it was the rear of some 70's/early-80's GM F-body. :uhoh:

On the other hand; when I looked into the semi-trailer; thought I saw the headlight doors of a 71-2-3; with a cable spool sitting where the center grille should be. I guess it was just my 'frame of reference' messing with me.... :bloated:

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The owner has restored several cars so when he tells me that he will get to this one eventually, well, at least there is some indication that might really happen. I can't elaborate about location, as the owner knows exactly where it is, as does Jim Pinkerton the GT-E registrar. This is not a new find.

As bad as this looks, it really is pretty well protected from the most damaging local environmental factors.

I also saw what I think was the scariest looking feral cat in existence. I am well acquainted with junk-yard dogs, but this was my first junk yard cat. I think this thing could take down a 15 pound possum and still be hungry. Raccoons would just shat themselves in disbelief. In comparison, rats and mice are just finger food.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Look closel
Can you imagine your heart rate if you spotted them bars someplace like that!
Be like Frank and Mike on American Pickers, paying 3 grand for 2 cyl. motor and they weren't sure what it was. Boy, if that don't bring up the price junk. Everyone with a rusty old motor (engine) will want a fortune.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
It would be much safer in my Garage ! ........lol

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
Okay, same question, different picture:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts