Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took some tires to be balanced and neither of the front wheels have weights, they have spots where you can see weights once were, but nothing there. They are 14" aluminum honeycombs with 205 70 14s on them

·
Registered
29 Posts
Maybe they put the weights on the inside of the rim?

·
Registered
8,194 Posts
Many years ago I had a 75 Firebird. I bought a set of BF Goodrich T/A tires from the local Service Center store. When the guy mounted and balanced the wheel/tire assemblies, one of them was perfectly balanced as mounted.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Were they the stick-on or glue-on weights? If so, they probably fell off.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Look on the inside of the rim for the stick on's. Many shops will no longer use lead hammer on ones. Any shop worth it's salt would never put them on the outside of nice rims anyway.

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I've seen tires be removed and clocked 180 degrees from how they were originally mounted on rims to help balance them with less weight than before.

Also, if you want to get rid of weights, these might be worth a look:

http://centramatic.com/Home.aspx

·
Premium Member
13,577 Posts
I've seen tires be removed and clocked 180 degrees from how they were originally mounted on rims to help balance them with less weight than before.

Also, if you want to get rid of weights, these might be worth a look:

http://centramatic.com/Home.aspx
Pretty cool. Wonder if they make ones for cars, seems as though they are focused on large commercial tractor trailer applications.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
QUOTE......."the drums and rotors would knock them off",

well, only the only possible way is when you slid the wheel into place, NOT the rotation, drums and rotors move with the wheel.

Dale in Indy

·
Registered
2,518 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The weights were on the inside, you can see where they were, but nothing is there. Guess I need to go back and complain, also the people didnt give me my 1.89 in change so maybe I'll become extra pissed ahahahhaha

1 - 13 of 13 Posts