Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a cougar that has a trim code of 2B. What color is this? I need to know because I'm purchasing a new dash and it only comes in black, so therefore, I'll have to dye it. The old dash was black, and I know that's not correct. The car's interior is mostly a light blue, but it also has dark blue inserts. So, what color would my dash pad have been? The light blue? or the dark blue?
Thanks in advance for the help! I want to do this correctly the 1st time around. :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Hey 67cougar, the 1967 2B code's color is "Lt. Blue Crinkle -- All Vinyl" . Can't help re dash pad color, only have experience with black and parchment interiors. I'll look through my cougar file and get back to you if I find something. Hope this helps!

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a oringinal 67 cougar with that code and my dash and all interior is that light blue vinyl Ill try to take a pic and post it soon so look for a followup to my post on here

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
dash

actually the top of the dash is that dark blue just like in the trim pieces sorry :(

ill see if I can get a better pic then that in a day or two

Mike

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Yep, checked the original sales brochure last night ....the interior is light blue and the dash pad is dark blue ...same as the door panel inserts.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rick, i did find a place that sells dashes. It's Mustangs Unlimited and they have black ones only for $329 or something like that. They don't have them right at the moment. More is supposed to be in at the end of August. I called and was put on a list to make SURE i was gonna get one. All you guys needing dashes should do the same.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Keep us posted on this. I'm interested to see what one looks like and whether they actually make a batch of them. I've had nothing but good experiences with Mustangs Unlimited but I did something similiar that has never panned out.

I put my name on a list with @#$%* Classic Cougars (don't want to name names!) for the rear quarter patch panels and was told that when enough people placed orders a batch would be made. It's been over a year, maybe even a year and a half and I still haven't heard a thing about it. I sent a couple of e-mails checking to see if a batch was ready and still haven't heard anything. I guess I need to get off my rear and give him a call.

Back to the subject, earlier today I actually bought one of those strange dashs in "great shape" that come up on e-bay every now and then. Where do these things come from??? I'm still interested in the new ones though so keep us posted and post some photos if you get it. Thanks!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
rick:
you bought a new "used" one or a new "repo" one? What's the problem with it? Why do you ask......where do these things come from?

·
Registered
138 Posts
I just meant that it seems strange that all these dashs in great condition keep popping up on e-bay every now and then. I love it but it just doesn't seem possible that a 34 year old dash could be in that good of shape but they're out there. You just have to keep an eye out.

The one I bought is an original dash that appears to be in excellent shape from the photos. With the buy it now price the guy had on it I figured there was no way I could lose. He's going to ship it this week so I'll let you know what it looks like when it gets here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts