Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i got this car, the motor was torn down to the short block. In the trunk I found the stock AC compressor and brackets, power steering pump and bracket, a random pulley, and some belts. I am needing to see what all i have and don't have. Can someone with a stock 302 with AC and power steering take a pic of the way they mount and the alternator please? and who has the best alternator for this car? is there anything specific i need to get or woudl just a regular re-man from autozone work? i need those brackets too but have found a source for them locally...i have the crank pully that has i think 4 grooves in if my memory serves me correctly, but need to see how all the pulleys line up and all that. so, all that to say, if someone can take a pic of it for me, that woudl be very helpful. i need to start hitting swap meets and online sources to find the parts i need.

also, does anyone have a pic of which harness/connector and where for oil pressure and coolant temp? i think i found the stock coolant connection but the harnesses were just shoved off to one side so im not sure what i have...but pics would help a ton...thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
1968 used two different air conditioning set ups.
Early used cast iron components, the later version used stamped steel brackets.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cast iron is what i have......

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
Doh, I have a later version readily available - today. (Andrew's car)

·
Registered
174 Posts
DSC00217.jpg DSC00865.jpg DSC00206.jpg DSC00205.jpg DSC00018.jpg
these are from a 68 stock 302 j code- ac- power steering-power disc brakes-i have lots of pics if interested i can email them all to you , only lets me load up 5 here, hope this helps, i also have pics of every screw if your keeping original etc, good luck

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
awesome...thanks!

·
Registered
174 Posts
DONT FORGET THE SPACER- Goes between the lower left hole in the idler with the three holes in it, and the power steering bracket also

1 - 7 of 7 Posts