Mercury Cougar Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new shop is having a grand opening and offering 3 dyno pulls for $50. I want to check the CJ out and find out some real numbers. There is a Sunoco station in town that sells 112 octane gas. Should I run the 112? Mix it? Will it make any difference at all. Will it damage the engine? Thanks

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
It won't hurt it - it will help. $50 bucks is cheap for a dyon pull....let us know howit turns out! COOL How much is the petro then? Might be cheaper to just go with a few cans of booster.

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
What compression are you running? It won't hurt anything, but it would be a waste to run a full tank of it. If the compression is around 10:1 or so, I would put in no more than 5 gallons. If nothing then to just help against pinging if you play with the timing and because of the extra heat you will have because of not moving.

·
Premium Member
2,471 Posts
If you're also going to be tuning the car, I'd suggest using the fuel you will use on a regular basis. Tuning with 112 octane and then using 92 octane will give you poor results.

·
Premium Member
6,980 Posts
What Jeff said.^

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had to leave the pull before my turn. My Father had a heart attack and now leaving to go see him in Tupelo, MS. My sister says he will have to have double bypass surgery. After surgery, he will be at high risk for a stroke due to high plaque build up in the arteries.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Sh*t. That really sucks man. I hope everything turns out for the best. You guys will be in my thoughts!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Had to leave the pull before my turn. My Father had a heart attack and now leaving to go see him in Tupelo, MS. My sister says he will have to have double bypass surgery. After surgery, he will be at high risk for a stroke due to high plaque build up in the arteries.
Sorry to hear about your Dad. Heart surgery has come a long way in the past few years, and hopefully he will benefit from that. I hope it goes well.

Matt

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
OH WOW! Sorry to hear about that - hope everything goes as good as possible.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
They can do so much for your father, but he needs to help himself by eating right, and doing what they say. If he smokes, he needs to quit IMO, but that's up to him.

They have drugs that will aid in preventing a stroke.

I wish him well, FOR SURE!

Dale in Indy

·
Premium Member
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the thoughts. He is doing well. He is 89. He had a double bypass. Doctors put in the balloon to help his heart to beat. He also has a partially collapsed lung so the haven't removed the breathing tube yet. My brother-in-law is a heart surgeon and his firm did an excellent job. Now on the road to recovery. My dad can't walk or stand very well, so a lot of his recovery will be upper body work out. Always been a strong willed individual, so I know he'll come through fine. Do you think the 112 octane will help him? Thanks again.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Glad everything is going OK. I would go with a can of Boost and skip the 112. :toung:

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
Do you think the 112 octane will help him? Thanks again.
We call that "Shine" around here!! LOL Glad to hear he got through it. 89 huh - wow! Recovery will probably be a bit slower, but it sounds like he has the right kind of connections! Not everybody has heart surgeons in the family...best of luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts